• Announcements

• Yatohime

NEW PLAYERS!? Claim your rewards now!   06/12/2017

NEWBIE ITEM 1x     +6 Morpheus Set / Person
      1x    +6 Bradium Shield / Person 1x Transcendent Ticket Job Change 1x 2nd Job Ticket Job Change 1x 3rd Job Ticket Job Change 25x Holy Yggdrasil Berry / Person
      7.5     Million Zenies / Person How To Claim #FORUM Post your Introduction post here http://forum.cosmosragnarok.com/index.php?/forum/16-introduce-yourself/ Name : Age : Girlfriend/Boyfriend : Where do you know Cosmos : Up 2 U ~! As long you introduce yourself!   Only players that recently joined as for 6 June 2017 , that can claim the rewards above.   Cheers, Yatohime
    • Yatohime

[ READ!!! ] Server Features   09/23/2017

• Cosmos

[READ] Contribution Rewards   09/27/2017

Yatohime

Balancing Cosmos | Make Cosmos great again!

9 posts in this topic

So post a reply here for suggestion and change to be made

My thought are as bellow

- Remove ROTD

- Change max status back to 175

- Remove the 2500 bonus tatus point from level

- Awaken Bonus rescale from 1000 bonus stats to 100 bonus stats

Nekoruchii likes this

I take some opinions from some friends, here is the sum:

Overall awakening system (which this is unique point from cosmos) is good, but is bad on executions.

First, loot awakening make this worse. Its changing end gaming to abusing awaken, do awaken again and again. This also make economy didn't grow since gaining money/cash its so easy.

Class are not balanced. Some class can do extremely high damage, lets says to mvp. So what's the point of multiplying MVP's HP? Its just make some class can solo high level mvps and other classes just become spectator.

Some player is too OP. I mean there is a huge gap between OP player and regular player. It has corelation with first and second point above there.

This server needs more readjusting and rebalancing and fixing some things. I know it's need more efforts. but for greater good.

I take some opinions from some friends, here is the sum:

Overall awakening system (which this is unique point from cosmos) is good, but is bad on executions.

First, loot awakening make this worse. Its changing end gaming to abusing awaken, do awaken again and again. This also make economy didn't grow since gaining money/cash its so easy.

Class are not balanced. Some class can do extremely high damage, lets says to mvp. So what's the point of multiplying MVP's HP? Its just make some class can solo high level mvps and other classes just become spectator.

Some player is too OP. I mean there is a huge gap between OP player and regular player. It has corelation with first and second point above there.

This server needs more readjusting and rebalancing and fixing some things. I know it's need more efforts. but for greater good.

its not that I am lazy testing but.. if we gonna balance everything (literary everything) , im gonna make the stats back to default

iRO default is 130 , and remove our 2500 bonus status point, as for awaken ill think more 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have stalk other competitors out there , and yes , I admit that we have an Overkill stats of 255 ( they have 120-130 )

So if you are agree with me making changes to default , express your interest ( PS: Other TOP Midrate server are at 130 max stats 

making back the stats become 130 will be kill our unique, although it'll be more easy to do rebalancing, that'll be our last resort,

for awaken, maybe we can:

1. try to remove the cash and zeny rewards, leave the rewards only twilight ruby and eclipse

2. remove awaken loot, and then try giving the eclipse garnet or twilight ruby as additional rewwards for clearing stages,

3. add roulettes system for everyone in party that can give random rewards, either it is eclipse garnet, twilight ruby, rune fragment, old hg materials(which is based our end level gaming)

that's for rewards instance,

about rebalancing system,

in pvm add more status buff monster blow damage +x% so that buff won't affect players(need more research)

in pvp make 20x HP everytime entering the pvproom, bg, or woe, the after that, we just need to adjust some skills that use hp pool as main/additiional dmg

rayzaku likes this

making back the stats become 130 will be kill our unique, although it'll be more easy to do rebalancing, that'll be our last resort,

for awaken, maybe we can:

1. try to remove the cash and zeny rewards, leave the rewards only twilight ruby and eclipse

2. remove awaken loot, and then try giving the eclipse garnet or twilight ruby as additional rewwards for clearing stages,

3. add roulettes system for everyone in party that can give random rewards, either it is eclipse garnet, twilight ruby, rune fragment, old hg materials(which is based our end level gaming)

that's for rewards instance,

about rebalancing system,

in pvm add more status buff monster blow damage +x% so that buff won't affect players(need more research)

in pvp make 20x HP everytime entering the pvproom, bg, or woe, the after that, we just need to adjust some skills that use hp pool as main/additiional dmg

1. Ill think about it what is better since the cash amount you get from loot awaken = half part of the Ruby and Eclipse (cash cant be converted to those two btw)

2. Awaken Loot ill try to think about it

3. explain more

Rebalancing after we go to rebalancing status

we have other uniqueness also Mikupan it is our community that care with this server and also other system :D

1. Ill think about it what is better since the cash amount you get from loot awaken = half part of the Ruby and Eclipse (cash cant be converted to those two btw)

maybe decrease eclipse garnet & twilight ruby price, so we don't rely on those for farming money

Honestly speaking, I was not expecting this update, the moment I joined here I felt that I was in a high rate server but yeah, this is actually a good start. I have been with several renewal servers, particularly in the mid rate section for the past 5-6 years, and hoping that I'd stay here long enough like on my previous servers. (I'm willing to stay here even if I will have to work again on May)

Here's some of my inputs:

ROTD is fine, since leveling can be difficult at times, its best that it can stay since we're at renewal though, but whatever the staff will decide, we can respect that.

Having max stats back to 130 makes things balanced for all. Let's face it, we are in a mid rate, not in a high rate that we need 255 for max, plus it gives the thrill and makes most gears reasonable to equip.

Awakening is actually a great feature, I really hope that it stays, and the current rewards are perfect as they are right now since leveling and stats are back to its normal rate, getting to 175 should be difficult enough and the effort to obtain it is already fine. At the start of awakening, you can only get few loots and you really need to be awaken for several times in order for you to have good rewards which is already enough. (Let the people have something to do after they hit 175 and after they get decent gears)

I suggest the costume store in Airship Market (am I right? XD) should be kept hidden until further notice and have the costumes on a monthly quest basis so that players have something to do and to look forward every month so that we're always kept hooked up in the game.

Panetteria Smith likes this

Sorry for bringing this up late... but I'm kind of dissapointed by how the rebalancing affects the server, and i want to speak my mind... i'd like to say a few opinion:

1. the 130 max stat change, and things related to stats (removing bonus stat and instant cast) is a very sensitive attempt. It's the foundation of the server and the thing most people would look at first before other special features... so it'll greatly shock the characters to have to cope with a lower stat while they want to play in a high status setting. besides, the bonus and the high stat gives all characters versatility... you can give your character great damage dealing with 250 str / int while giving them decend tanking, decent evasion and lucky dodge + being able to carry lots of weight... it gives a sense of freedom to be able to hunt, gather equips, farm, and MVP with any jobs (it helps people who just wanna make 1 to 3 characters).

2. the awakening system can be put a limit if it makes all status 255 OP... around 5000 to 6000 extra stat and 30 extra skill can give characters a few boosts and more skill choices on certain jobs without making them OP.

3. to stop people from abusing the awakening to gather loot, i suggest doing minor changes like removing battle manual and reducing the ROTD... like 0.3% per kill on scaraba at lvl 150 gives people the "mid rate" experience... the prev version gives 2% per kill on 174 and makes it 8% per kill with battle manual (i tried and i can awaken every 8 minutes)... it feels more like a super high rate than a mid rate. and the garnet & ruby price to 250.000 each is convenient. it gives people challenges to find alternative ways to farm zeny.

4. reducing MVP hp depends on the condition, but i don't think it can balance all jobs to be able to MVP nicely... in ANY server... acid demonstration and ashura have always been the most popular MVPing skill... and even if you make a warlock with a full MVP damage eq, they still can't beat genetics with no equip at all in killing bosses (except ghost element)... 255, 130, or even 99 max stat... so i think 255 max stat doesn't balance all jobs in MVPing, but it gives other jobs more chance to stand their ground against MVPs (thou still, genetic and sura deals the most dps to most MVPs).

5. i find biolab old headgears to be quite OP as well... that single equip can make a character deal godlike damage even with a decent, not high end equip set... i see most renewal equipments need to be a full set or a list of mild damage+ equips to make damage big, and this 1 headgear surpasses the whole set.

sorry for the long post... been wanting to express this but just gathered the courage to do so just now... hope it might give some ideas if you're recondisering other alternatives to balance the server

rayzaku and Gesbleg like this